Paleo Challenge Tips
After reviewing two weeks of food logs, we have noticed some trends and our nutrition guru Callie has some tips for you:
- If you are working out in the early AM, you don’t necessarily have to eat before. If you are hungry, eat. If you’re not hungry, don’t eat.
- I noticed on many food logs that people are just eating fruit in the morning. Fruit is fine but you NEED protein at your first meal. I like to scramble eggs with any leftovers from the night before. If you don’t have time to cook in the morning, keep some emergency chicken breasts in the fridge and eat that with your fruit.
- If you are doing protein shakes it’s best to drink it as soon as possible after your workout.
- Eating a combo of protein and fat for snacks is the best way to keep you full.
- Once again, if you are eating fruit by itself, you are going to feel hungry again pretty quickly.
- The best protein is going to be from an animal source: chicken, beef, eggs, etc.
- Nuts are good, but they are more fat than protein. Eat them with your animal protein.
- Every meal you eat should contain carbs, fat, and protein.
- Try not to eat fruit by itself, as it can cause a spike in insulin.
- If you are trying to lose weight, limit your fruit and nut intake. Berries are the best choice for fruit.
40 Wallballs (20/14)
30 Ground to Overhead (45/25)
20 Ring Dips